Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken (Can be omitted for a Vegetarian Option)
- 2 15-ounce cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, diced
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped (Optional)
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on high until tender, about 15 minutes, or use steam bags for faster cooking. (Baking Method: Heat oven to 425 degrees and place in a baking dish. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, beans, tomato, oil, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Mixture may alternatively be heated in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated through.)
- Once potatoes are cooked and cooled enough to handle, cut each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a cavity in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the cavity. Top each with a dollop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cilantro (Optional). Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken With Cucumber Salad
- 1 clove Garlic (A dash of garlic powder can be substituted, if needed)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Lemon, juiced
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Cucumber, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sprinkle 1 tsp salt on the garlic clove and smash with the flat side of a knife – smear into a coarse paste.
- Put the garlic paste in a large bowl and stir in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber and pepper and toss.
- Pour olive oil into a large non-stick skillet and heat on medium high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Once oil is hot, saute chicken, turning once until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains – internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and serve topped with the cucumber salad. Enjoy!
Chicken Marsala With Broccoli
- 4 Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1/3 inch thick
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (not packed in oil, not rehydrated), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 container (10 ounces) Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Sweet Marsala Wine
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped (Optional)
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Broccoli, steamed (Substitute Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti instead, if desired)
- Sprinkle Chicken Breasts with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put the flour on a plate and dredge the chicken in the flour to fully coat, shaking off any excess.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and saute until fully cooked and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add 1/2 cup of the broth, the sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary to any remaining drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Marsala and bring to a boil.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup broth and the butter and simmer until the butter is fully melted, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture and sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with the parsley and serve with steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
Seared Salmon With Pesto Spaghetti
- 8 ounces Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- 2/3 cup Pesto (pre-made)
- 4 Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to the package. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat pesto sauce in a medium sauce pan until heated through.
- Toss spaghetti with pesto sauce.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon with the pasta. Enjoy!
Spinach, Chicken, and Pecan Salad
- 5 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp Candied Pecans
- 1 Avocado, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine baby greens mic, cucumber, gorgonzola, balsamic vinaigrette, and pepper and toss.
- Place equal amounts of salad into 4 bowls.
- Top each salad with 1 tbsp candied pecans, 1/4 avocado, and 1/2 cup chicken. Enjoy!
Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- Dash of Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 8 Whole-Wheat Burger Buns
- Brown the ground turkey in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, season with salt, pepper, and crushed red chili flakes.
- Once turkey is browned, add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, and mustard, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast buns in a large skillet or on a griddle, if desired.
- Place a half-cup scoop of the mixture onto each bun and serve with a side of steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Soy-Glazed Salmon With Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 1/2 tsp Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch (or Whole Wheat Flour)
- 4 Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 medium Cucumber, cut into chunks
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, seeded and chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix honey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl. Microwave until heated, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Rub the fish fillets with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and season with salt on both sides.
- Place the fish in a baking dish or cookie sheet lined with foil and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the honey-soy sauce mixture.
- Return the fish to the oven and continue baking until cooked through, 7 to 9 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the rice vinegar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, scallions and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Gently fold in the avocado.
- Serve the salmon with the salad and Enjoy!