After finding out you have issues with Acid Reflux, Heartburn, Gastritis, GERD, ulcers, or any acid-related health issue, you may have a hard time figuring out what you can eat without having a flare up. Well, there’s good news! This delicious Pesto Chicken Spaghetti is sure to satiate your craving for an indulgent Italian pasta dish without making you suffer the consequences for the rest of the day. So, let’s get cookin’!
Pesto Chicken Spaghetti
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Nonfat or Skim Milk
- 3 Tbsp Pesto Sauce (Pre-made or homemade)
- 3/4 lb Spaghetti or Rotini
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken, cubed, shredded, or sliced (omit for a vegetarian option)
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt to the water until the water tastes salty. Add pasta and cook according to the package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and heat until warmed, do not allow to boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in Pesto Sauce.
- Drain pasta, keeping 3 tbsp of pasta water in a separate container.
- Add pasta and the 3 tbsp of pasta water to Pesto sauce and stir until pasta is coated.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and cooked chicken. Serve and Enjoy!
For more Acid-Reflux Friendly Meal Options:
Disclaimer: This post is the opinion of the author. Always speak to your doctor before beginning any exercise plan or changes to your lifestyle. The information provided in this post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide medical, legal, or other professional advice. Read and/or use any of the information from this post at your own risk. Some or all of the links displayed on this site may be affiliate links.