I love having a quick shredded chicken recipe that takes very little effort. Once every 2 weeks, I make this recipe, split up the chicken, and freeze it to be used for multiple meals. I recommend using frozen chicken as it usually comes out more tender but you can use fresh chicken as well.
Super Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 2 lbs Frozen Raw Chicken (Do not thaw chicken)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder or minced garlic (Optional)
- Add chicken and water to a slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. You can substitute 1 tsp of garlic salt instead of using both garlic powder and salt.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Once cooked, shred using two forks.
- Use in salads, sandwiches, casseroles, pasta, rice, or freeze for later.