Chili is one of my all-time favorite meals to serve. Not only is it fast, easy, and delicious, it’s also a healthful option that I can tweak depending on what I have in my pantry or fridge. I’ve listed my recipe below but you can certainly add any of your favorite sweet vegetables (like green bell peppers or green chiles), spices, or toppings to suit your family’s preferences. This recipe can be doubled or multiplied to feed any number of people. I usually cook this dish for dinner and save the remainder for lunch the next day (yay for saving time and money!). I hope you enjoy it!
Mama Laura’s Slow Cooker Chili
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3-6 Hours
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can White Beans, rinsed
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Marjoram(affiliate link)
- 2 tbsp Dark/Balsamic Vinegar (I love black mission fig balsamic for cooking)
- Optional Toppings:
- Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Cheese
- Chopped White or Red Onion
- Crumbled Whole Wheat Crackers
- In a medium skillet, brown turkey or beef with minced garlic in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile in a slow cooker (affiliate link), add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, black beans, white beans, corn, and seasonings.
- Once turkey is browned, add to the slow cooker and mix until combined. Cook in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Once ready to serve, add 2 tablespoons of dark vinegar and stir. Serve in bowls and top with greek yogurt/sour cream, cheese, onions, and/or crackers. Enjoy!
Note: I like to use these slow cooker liners for easy clean-up: Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack (affiliate link).
By the way, you don’t need a super expensive instant pot or slow cooker to get great results. If you need a good slow cooker that won’t break the bank, try this one from Amazon (click on the picture for details -affiliate link):
For more delicious recipes, check out the Recipes section of my blog!
Disclaimer: These statements are the opinion of the author. The information provided in this post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide medical, legal, or other professional advice. Read and/or use any of the information from this post at your own risk. Some or all of the links displayed on this site may be affiliate links.