There are just some days where you need a delicious, comforting meal but you don’t want to feel guilty after. This quick and easy Chicken and Biscuit Casserole recipe, which reminds me of homemade Pot Pie, is sure to please even the pickiest eater and will have you feeling pleasantly satisfied. Enjoy!
Chicken and Biscuit Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic(affiliate link) (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose or Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning(affiliate link) (or dried Basil)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 cups Chicken Broth (Note: You can substitute 4 cups water and 3 tbsp of soy sauce if you prefer)
- 1 cup Vegetable Medley(affiliate link), frozen (green beans, corn, peas, and carrots – or any variation)
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken(affiliate link), Shredded or Cubed
- 1 package of Biquick Cheese Garlic Biscuit Mix(affiliate link) (Or 2 cups of buttermilk baking mix)
- 2 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter of medium heat. Once melted, add onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender and garlic is fragrant.
- Mix in flour, sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, and pepper until combined.
- Slowly add chicken broth while stirring. Make sure to only add a little at a time and stir until completely incorporated before adding more broth.
- While stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook for one minute until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add in frozen vegetable medley and cooked chicken, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is simmering, in a separate medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, Italian seasoning, and water until well mixed. Set aside.
- Transfer sauce mixture to the prepared baking dish. Spoon biscuit dough on top of sauce mixture in about 8 balls, evenly spaced.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes.