Meatloaf is one of my favorite comfort foods, especially when it’s paired with creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. This turkey meatloaf and mashed potato recipe will give you the comfort you’re looking for without the guilt. Enjoy!
Turkey Meatloaf With Mashed Gold Potatoes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 large Egg
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ medium Yellow Onion
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp Ketchup (Optional)
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar (Optional)
- 1 tsp Mustard (Optional)
Mashed Potato Ingredients:
- 2.5 lbs Gold Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan or place foil on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, ketchup, milk, Worcestershire, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the bread crumbs and then add the garlic and onion; mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the turkey and mix just until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to loaf pan or baking sheet lined with foil.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl. Brush the loaf with the sauce mixture.
- Bake until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F, about 45 to 60 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, quarter the gold potatoes and place in a large sauce pot. Do not peel the potatoes. Cover potatoes with cold water until potatoes are just covered. Season the water with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, about 12-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, add the milk and butter to a small sauce pan and heat on medium-low until just heated. Do not over-heat. Once heated, cover and set aside.
- Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Cook on high for about 60 seconds, shaking frequently to avoid scorching. Turn the heat off.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork until there are no lumps.
- Add warmed milk and butter while mashing until the potatoes reach desired consistency. You may not need to use the entire milk mixture.
- Place a scoop of potatoes on a plate with one slice of meatloaf and your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!