A freshly baked chocolate chip cookie is one of the absolute best desserts on the planet. Enjoying that first decadent bite of a perfectly soft, chewy, chocolatey cookie can send you into a state of euphoria and leave you wanting more. On your quest to making that perfect dessert, you’ll find millions of recipes. Unfortunately, many of those recipes will leave you with a dull, flat, and lackluster cookie. That’s why I’m sharing this particular recipe that will give you both the flavors and instructions you’ll need to reach cookie perfection. Enjoy!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 2 hours (minimum)
Cook time: 9-12 minutes
Yields: 36 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour(affiliate link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temp (to measure: use a measuring cup and level off)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract(affiliate link)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture, beating to combine, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 2 hours. For maximum flavor, refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet (affiliate link)with parchment paper or foil.
- Drop 2-tablespoon mounds of dough onto the baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack (affiliate link) to cool completely.
In the comments, let me know what you think of these delicious cookies!