Slow cooker meals are some of the easiest ways to eat healthy and feel satisfied. This Chicken Taco Soup couldn’t be easier and it’s sure to please. My favorite part about this recipe is that it uses many items that I always have in my pantry. You can avoid going to the grocery store but still have a delicious and healthful meal. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-7 hours
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 can Chili Beans, drained
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 can Sweet Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 – 8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1 – 12 ounce Can or Bottle of Beer
- 2 – 10 ounce cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 – 1.25 ounce package Taco Seasoning
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, frozen or thawed
- Shredded Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
- Set your slow cooker to low and add onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes. Stir in taco seasoning until blended.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down until covered by the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred with two forks
- Place the shredded chicken back into the soup, stir, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: These statements are the opinion of the author. The information provided in this post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide medical, legal, or other professional advice. Read and/or use any of the information from this post at your own risk. Some or all of the links displayed on this site may be affiliate links.