This chicken schnitzel is budget-friendly and can be paired with any side you like to make a delicious meal the whole family will love! My favorite way to serve it is with spaetzle and veggies. It’s also great served with buttered pasta, thin spaghetti with any sauce, rice, veggies, or even just by itself.
Breading chicken can seem like a chore but I have a few tips to make it easier! First, use shallow plates for the flour, eggs, and breadcrumb mixture. Then, when ready to begin breading, use a fork to transfer the chicken from one ingredient to the next. This will eliminate the issue of having messy hands and will make the process go a little more quickly. Tongs can also be used instead of a fork.
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs or plain breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour or any flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Vegetable or Avocado Oil
- 1 Lemon sliced into wedges
- Flatten or cut chicken breasts so they are about the same thickness throughout. Season both sides with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parsley, black pepper, and garlic. Pour into a shallow plate or container.
- Place flour on a separate shallow container or plate. Pour the beaten eggs onto a separate shallow container or plate.
- Dredge breasts in flour on both sides, then eggs, and then bread crumbs, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place chicken carefully into oil and cook until golden brown and heated to 165° F, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove and season with salt, if needed. Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is the opinion of the author. Always speak to your doctor before beginning any exercise plan or changes to your lifestyle. The information provided in this post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide medical, legal, or other professional advice. Read and/or use any of the information from this post at your own risk. Some or all of the links displayed on this site may be affiliate links.