This chocolate chip banana bread is the perfect breakfast or treat for when there’s a couple overripe bananas left. I love to make this ahead of time, slice it, and freeze it for a quick breakfast later.
EASY Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or any vinegar
- 2 medium Ripe Bananas
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter melted
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil or any light oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup, combine milk and vinegar and set aside for at least 5-10 minutes until milk appears curdled.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Mix in melted butter, oil, vanilla, and milk mixture and stir until combined. Add brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined but do not overmix. Fold in about 3/4 cup chocolate chips (reserve the rest for sprinkling)
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing. Allow to completely cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Keep in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months!
Disclaimer: This post is the opinion of the author. Always speak to your doctor before beginning any exercise plan or changes to your lifestyle. The information provided in this post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide medical, legal, or other professional advice. Read and/or use any of the information from this post at your own risk. Some or all of the links displayed on this site may be affiliate links.