This easy dinner is perfect for when you have very few ingredients on hand but you need a delicious and quick meal that the whole family will love. It pairs perfectly with rice, veggies, or potatoes and can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
I prefer to make this in my pressure cooker but this recipe can certainly be made on the stove top as well. I hope you love this one!
Garlic Honey Chicken
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1-2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts or Thighs boneless
- For Garnish: sesame seeds, sliced green onions, or sriracha
- In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, mix together the honey, garlic, parsley, soy sauce, ketchup, and oregano until completely combined. Set aside.
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté (medium) and add sesame oil (If making this on the stove top, see notes below). Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides, then place in the pressure cooker and brown on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken (don’t stir).
- Turn off sauté mode, cover, close lid and turn the valve to sealing. Cook on poultry mode for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and let natural release for 10 minutes. Then carefully turn the valve to venting. Once the pin drops, open the lid. Shred the chicken and mix with the sauce.
- Serve chicken on top of rice (or noodles) and veggies. Top with sesame seeds, green onions, and hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is the opinion of the author. Always speak to your doctor before beginning any exercise plan or changes to your lifestyle. The information provided in this post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide medical, legal, or other professional advice. Read and/or use any of the information from this post at your own risk. Some or all of the links displayed on this site may be affiliate links.